Looking for an all-natural homemade hair mask recipe to moisturize and nourish dry, damaged, or frizzy hair? This All-Natural Moisturizing DIY Hair Mask for Dry or Damaged Hair is a miracle worker AND just 3 simple ingredients! Try it and see for yourself…
My friend, I have a little gift for you. The gift of naturally smooth, healthy locks that begged to be touched.
No seriously: strangers may come up and ask to touch your hair. Or they may just go right on ahead and do it. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Now you wouldn’t know it because my hair is never done up fancy-like (any volunteers out there to teach me how to finally use a curling iron!?) but I’m actually pretty high maintenance when it comes to my hair. It’s straight but gets frizzy really easily, especially when it’s lacking moisture.
So back in the day, I used A LOT of different products to help moisturize and smooth my hair. Conditioners, leave-in conditioners, deep conditioning masks, hot oil treatments, moisturizing spritzes…
But nowadays my beauty routine is quite a lot simpler than back then. And if you’ve hung around these parts before, you know that I love a good DIY. Because 1) they’re just so FUN! Craftsy ladies, you get me. 2) They’re a great way to ensure you’re not putting any unhealthy chemicals on your body (and newsflash: the large majority of beauty products on the market nowadays contains some pretty nasty ingredients). And 3) They’re economical. Win win WIN!
This All-Natural Moisturizing DIY Hair Mask is the tall drink of water your hair’s been begging for.
Our hair really gets put through the ringer sometimes. Hair dryers, curling irons, straighteners, chlorinated tap water, chlorinated swimming pools, dry winter air — they all take their toll.
And they don’t just make hair to look frizzy or dry, but they can really weaken hair too, leading to split ends or breakage.
But this All-Natural MoisturizingDIY Hair Mask for Dry or Damaged Hair is filled with moisturizing oils to nourish and smooth hair, plus proteins (from the egg) to strengthen and repair hair.
The best part? It’s so simple to make with just 3 ingredients!
All-Natural Moisturizing DIY Hair Mask for Dry or Damaged Hair
I apply this simple hair mask once every 1-2 weeks. If your hair is especially dry or damaged and in need of moisture, you may want to apply it more frequently to start.
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 raw egg
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and puree for 15-20 seconds or until smooth. If you don’t have a food processor, no problem! Simply mash the avocado with a fork until a smooth. Add the egg and olive oil, and “whisk” with the fork until an even consistency (or as even as you can get it!). Here you have it — your DIY hair mask!
- Apply liberally to hair, concentrating especially on the ends.
- Loosely secure hair with an elastic band. If you have a shower cap on hand, cover hair with shower cap.
- Let the mask sink in and work its magic for at least 1 hour, ideally 2.
- Wash and dry hair as normal. (To help retain the moisture, I usually just wash the roots rather than the ends of my hair.)
- Bask in the beauty of your luscious, moisturized, healthy locks!
Are a fellow natural beauty junkie?
You’re in the right place, my friend! Hang around a bit and check out these other blog posts: