A homemade body scrub that’s undeniable spa-worthy? This luxurious Tangerine and Rose Sugar Scrub recipe smells amazing, leaves skin silky smooth, and is incredibly easy to make!
What if you could have a luxurious spa day EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK?
Multiple times a week?
Without even having to leave the comforts of your own home!?
Well you can easily transform your very own shower into a spa-like experience with this luxurious tangerine and rose sugar scrub recipe.
It leaves your skin incredibly silky-smooth, plus the steam of the shower combined with the heavenly essential oil duo will have you feeling relaxed and utterly pampered.
The best part? DIY body scrubs are SO incredibly simple to make and way better than store-bought.
First of all, a lot of run-of-the-mill body scrubs out there on store shelves are filled with unhealthy ingredients like:
- Parabens — a class of chemicals used to preserve skincare products and prevent mold growth that have been linked to hormones disruption and breast cancer.
- Chemical fragrance — a cocktail combo of any of thousands of chemicals that are allowed to be concealed as “trade secrets.” This means that we’re really not sure what chemicals are being used to scent products. That being said, the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health has stated that 1/3 of the substances used in the fragrance industry are toxic and harmful to human health. Chemical fragrance is also known to trigger allergies, dermatitis, and respiratory issues, and may cause hormone disruption.
- Mineral oil — made from highly refined and processed petroleum, it clogs pores and suffocates the skin without providing any vitamins or antioxidants
Making your own skincare and body care products is a wonderful way to know exactly what’s going in your products and so on your skin. And yes, what we apply to our skin DOES impact our health.
To make a fantastic sugar scrub, all you really need are 2 ingredients:
- A nourishing oil like avocado, apricot kernel, jojoba, or almond (you can even just use the EVOO from the pantry although it does carry more of a scent than these other oils!)
But you can really pep things up, add variety to your body scrubs, and transform your shower into a spa-like experience with just a few drops of essential oils.
So yes, just 3 simple, natural ingredients will give you an AMAZING homemade sugar scrub!
Luxurious Tangerine & Rose DIY Sugar Scrub Recipe
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup carrier oil of choice (I prefer jojoba or apricot kernel)
- 10 drops tangerine essential oil
- 6 drops rose essential oil OR geranium essential oil (a much more reasonably priced and equally lovely option)
- OPTIONAL: 1/8 tsp hibiscus petal powder (for color and skin-supporting antioxidants)
- Add the sugar and hibiscus (if including) to clean, small mixing bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the oil and essential oils.
- Again, stir to combine.
- Voila! You have yourself an all-natural body scrub that will leave your skin silky smooth.
- Last but not least, as always, pat yourself on the back while saying “I’m so clever.”
Looking for more natural skincare DIYs?
You’re in the right place!
Here are just a few favorites I think you’ll like too: