This simple detox clay foot mask gently draws toxins from the feet. It may sound strange but it’s considered one of the safest ways to detox the body! Let’s take a closer look at how this natural remedy works and how to use it…
Ah, there’s nothing like pampering yourself with a nice mask.
… on your feet.
Oh, you’ve never put a mask on your feet before!?
Well that’s weird.
Just kidding! I know I’m the weirdo for putting a mask on my feet.
But trust me, soon you’ll be doing the same… and your body will be thanking you for it.
Detoxing the body via the feet is considered to be one of the safest forms of detoxification.
This simple detox foot mask uses bentonite clay — one of the most powerful healing clays available — to gently draw toxins from the feet. Its strong negative charge bonds to the positive charge of toxins and heavy metals. So when it comes in contact with a toxin or heavy metal, the clay will actually absorb it and then release its minerals for the body to use. Pretty amazing, huh?
And more recently, I’ve been applying this detox clay foot mask about once a month…
Now you may be wondering: what’s the deal with detox?
And here’s the thing: the body is always detoxing. It knows how to do it, and it does it well.
BUT (big but here) we’re exposed to an absolute ton of toxins in this modern world of ours —hundreds if not thousands of unhealthy chemicals on a daily basis. This exposure isn’t just from the food we eat and the air we breathe, but our personal care products, home cleaning products, home furnishings… the list really goes on and on. Some come and go pretty quickly while others bioaccumulate in our fat cells.
Collectively, all of the chemicals on our bodies are known as our “body burden.” (Sound familiar? A whole lot like Body Unburdened, huh!?) The average adult’s body burden is made up of over 700 manmade, industrial chemicals. Yep, pretty darn crazy. And these 700 (give or take a few) chemicals make the body’s detox processes work extra hard. Sometimes, the body can’t handle this extra workload.
So this detox clay foot mask is just a little something extra to take the burden off your body’s detox pathways and amp up your health. Sort of like a daily matcha latte or smoothie: totally unnecessary for good health but very helpful!
Detox Clay Foot Mask with bentonite clay
- 3 tablespoons bentonite clay
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Decide where you want to apply your mask — not where on your body (we know it’s going on your feet!), but where in your home. Because unless you’re a gymnast and can walk on your hands, you’re not going to get very far. I usually apply the mask in the bathroom while sitting on the ledge of the tub or in the tub (if it’s dry). I’ll read a book, watch a movie on my laptop, or do some work. Being near or in the tub obviously makes cleaning up a whole lot easier!
- Apply the mask to the bottom of the feet and around the ankles.
- To aid your body’s detoxification pathways, drink lots of filtered water and munch on some foods that naturally detox and cleanse your body while you prop your feet!
- Let the mask sit for 8-10 minutes (or until dry), then rinse off.
What do you think? Will you give it a try?
Or have you tried it yet? Let us know in the comments below!