Do you ever get a craving that you just can’t quite figure out?
Do I want something salty? Something sweet? Something crunchy? All three at once!? What’s a girl to do? I’ll tell you what I do: it’s at these moments that I scour my kitchen, eat a pickle followed by some chocolate followed by some dried blueberries followed by some pretzels, all in about a minute. Then I sit down and reflect on what I’ve done, and the craving is still there!
Well I’ve found the ultimate cure: these sweet, salty and crunchy superfood snack bites.
They satisfy all of these cravings and are super nutritious – win-win right here, friends!
- 1 cup powdered cacao (Click here to purchase. Click here to learn the health benefits of cacao and understand the difference between cacao and cocoa.)
- 1/3 cup of organic virgin coconut oil (Click here to purchase)
- 1 tablespoon of organic raw coconut butter (Click here to purchase)
- 4 tablespoons of raw honey (Click here to purchase. Click here to read about the health benefits of raw honey.)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup chia seeds: high in fiber, Omega-3s and antioxidants; these little powerhouses add the crunch to the bites! (Click here to purchase)
- Himalayan pink sea salt: naturally contains 84 vital minerals (Click here to purchase)
Pour the cacao, coconut oil, coconut butter, raw honey, dried blueberries, chia seeds, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl and stir.
Using a silicone mold pan: I have a silicone mold pan that is perfect for this recipe (click here for more information about this pan). If you try and enjoy this recipe, I highly suggest picking one up for yourself as it makes the whole process easier since you can simply pop the bites out of the mold after they set. Plus they look pretty cute, to boot. If you use a silicone mold pan, simply grind some salt into the bottom of the molds, and then pour the mixture into the molds. Put the pan with the mixture in the refrigerator or freezer to set (takes about 10 minutes). Pop the bites out of the molds and enjoy!
Using a regular cookie sheet: Line the cookie sheet with wax paper. Grind a light dusting of salt onto the paper, and then pour the mixture on the pan. Put the pan with the mixture in the refrigerator or freezer to set (takes about 10 minutes). After the mixture has solidified, cut or break it up into small bite-sized squares and enjoy!
It is best to store the snack bites in the fridge to prevent them from melting (coconut oil has a melting point of 76°F).