Meet Pharmaca: The Integrative Pharmacy that’s Changing the Game
Things I Love
This post is a special collaboration between Body Unburdened and Pharmaca. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to continue providing free content to Body Unburdened readers!
Imagine you walked into your local pharmacy, but everything was health-ified.
The shelves leading up to the Rx counter are lined with herbal medicines, tinctures, and healing balms.
The tampons, tissues, and toilet paper are made with organic cotton.
The beauty and skincare section is filled with the best natural brands like Jane Iredale, Juice Beauty, 100% Pure, RMS, and MyChelle.
The checkout counter teases you with some allergen-free sunflower butter chocolate cups and organic breath mints.
It sounds like heaven, doesn’t it?
Well cue Belinda Carlisle because “Ooh heaven is a place on earth!” And it’s called Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy.
Now I first walked into a Pharmaca in Boulder, Colorado while vacationing there a few years ago. It was seriously a highlight of the trip — I’d never seen anything like it before! It was Whole-Foods-meets-CVS and I couldn’t get enough. My husband and I probably spent at least an hour stocking up on healthy snacks for the rest of the trip and testing the skincare and makeup (OK well me, not my husband!).
And when I moved to the Bay Area last year and discovered there was a Pharmaca just a hop, skip, and jump away in the neighboring town… OMG!
Unfortunately, Pharmaca stores aren’t across the entire US yet (let’s cross our fingers that a nationwide takeover is on the horizon!). But Pharmaca’s website brings the same experience to life online. And 1) they have an even greater selection online than they do in stores and 2) they are always running fantastic sales!
Pharmaca.com has become one of my favorite online resources for natural skincare, supplements, and other personal care products.
It has a great selection of healthy living goods — from high-quality herbal supplements and natural beauty products to beeswax candles scented with essential oils and natural first aid products — including some of my favorites that I can’t find many other places.
And did I mention the sales yet!? Well it’s certainly worth noting again — Pharmaca.com has become another one of my go-to stores for saving money on natural and organic products. I definitely recommend browsing through the site and checking out the current deals. Plus, Pharmaca’s almost always offering an additional 15-25% off your whole purchase (with just a few brands excluded)!
If you’re in need of a recommendation (or are just feeling a little nosey!), here’s what I most recently picked up…
- Organic tampons — Now most of you probably know I’m a menstrual cup fan BUT I like to have tampons in the car and my purse just in case Aunt Flo comes to visit and I’m caught off guard. And of course, we certainly don’t want to be sticking anything in our bodies that is covered in pesticides, and cotton is actually the “dirtiest” crop when it comes to pesticide use. If you use tampons and haven’t switched to organic yet, these need to be in your shopping cart.
- EO Hand Sanitizer — 99.9% effective against most common germs BUT made with all-natural ingredients and essential oils. It’s the best of both worlds and a must-have for me when I’m traveling and in my hiking backpack.
- Pharmaca Lavender bath salts — These salts have the perfect combo of salts, baking soda, and essential oils. A nice warm bath with these is both relaxing and provides the body with essential minerals. They also make for a really nice little gift!
- All Good Healing Balm — Boo boos happen. This little healing balm is perfect for tossing in your purse or stocking in your medicine cabinet to protect wounds and help them heal more quickly.
Pharmaca carries an awesome range of products, from high-end natural brands like Jane Iredale, Juice Beauty, and RMS, to more reasonable options like Pacifica and Andalou. Some of my favorites are:
- Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip Stain — I have both the Forever Red and the Forever Pink and they’re AMAZING! So long lasting and provide a bright pop of color while also looking natural and not overdone.
- Zuzu Naturals Mascara — You may know from my my hunt for the best natural mascara that this is one of my favorites. It’s doesn’t provide much drama (i.e. volume) and doesn’t even seem like you’re wearing any mascara, but in a good way — it makes it seem as if your natural eyelashes are super long.
- RMS Mix Master — This is just the best. I mostly use it as an eye shadow — it provides just a hint of shimmer, making your face look really dewy and bright — but can also be used as a highlighter or over lip balm for some shimmer. This is hard to find on sale, so I love that you can apply a coupon code on Pharmaca whenever one is available.
- MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Scrub — Exfoliation helps prevent breakouts and stimulates collagen production, so I love me a good scrub. I’d been wanting to try this particular one for awhile now and it did not disappoint! It has both physical and chemical exfoliants, making it a real winner.
As you’d expect from a pharmacy, Pharmaca’s supplement department is stocked with natural and organic herbs supplements, tinctures, probiotics, and so much more. I recently picked up:
- Pharmaca Super Probiotic Blend — It’s good to switch up your probiotics, so this is the newest addition to my rotation. I also love that Pharmaca ships their probiotics with an ice pack to protect the delicate microorganisms.
- Pharmaca Milk Thistle Tincture — One of my favorite supplements for boosting my body’s detoxification pathways, this milk thistle tincture is a new feature in my morning warm lemon and cayenne pepper water drink.
- Gaia Adrenal Health — It’s no secret that my adrenals need all the help they can get! This combo of adaptogenic herbs supports the body during stress.
Unfortunately I do not. But she may be interested in The Home Detox Guide, which you could print for her!
My mother does not have internet, do you offer a booklet or pamphlet through the mail?
I live in Boulder and nearly peed my pants when I discovered Pharmaca for the first time too! The rewards program is good as well. I wrote about it and products I found there in my blog Personal Care, Stripped Bare. Check it out!