Not only does this metabolism boosting matcha latte provide you with a burst of energy and mega dose of antioxidants, it revs up your metabolism and keeps blood sugar levels steady!
Looking to give your metabolism a little kick in the boo-tay?
Or your bod a mega dose of free-radical-fighting, anti-aging antioxidants?
And to stabilize blood sugar levels for all day energy and to kick crazy sugar cravings goodbye!?
Oh my friend, I’ve got you covered!
I’ve been drinking matcha for years now but this particular matcha latte recipe has become a regular in my morning routine recently — I drink it almost every morning after breakfast — and I’m excited to finally share it with you.
This matcha latte recipe is jam-packed with metabolism-boosting goodies.
MCT oil and coconut cream provide medium-chain fatty acids, which have been proven time and again to work wonders for a sluggish metabolism and aid weight loss.
Medium-chain fatty acids are metabolized different differently than the longer chain fats — they’re sent straight to the liver from the digestive tract, where they’re used for energy right away.
- This study showed that eating medium-chain fatty acids increases metabolism and helps burn off stored fat.
- This study found that consuming 15-30 grams of medium-chain fatty acids per day increased energy expenditure by 5%, totaling about 120 calories per day.
- This study found that MCT oil increases the release of peptide YY and leptin, two hormones that promote the feeling of fullness in the body.
- This study, this study, and this study all found that taking MCT oil helped reduce body weight and waist circumference.
- And this study found that people who ate coconut oil without otherwise “dieting” or reducing calories lost body fat and dropped waist size.
Yep, there’s quite a lot of science behind this!
The powerful antioxidant EGCG in green tea has also been shown to boost metabolism and help burn fat.
Matcha contains three times the EGCG as regular ol’ green tea, making it three times as powerful!
I also add collagen peptides as a blood-sugar-balancing bonus, and for the skin benefits.
Collagen peptides are my favorite source of supplemental protein — they’re practically flavorless and can easily be added to any food or drink recipe.
And remember: protein and fat help to keep blood sugar levels nice and steady. Since high and erratic blood sugar levels promote inflammation, suppress the immune system, are to blame for crazy sugar cravings and “hanger,” and lead to weight gain, it’s a main focus of my diet.
Plus, collagen peptides have been shown to improve joint health and support the structural proteins that keep the skin firm and youthful! 🙂
Metabolism Boosting Matcha Latte Recipe
- 12 oz hot (almost boiling) water
- 1 tsp* organic matcha powder
- 1 tbs organic canned coconut cream
- 1 scoop Perfect Supplements grass-fed collagen peptides
- 1/2 tbs Perfect Supplements organic MCT oil**
- 4-5 drops organic liquid stevia***
*Serving sizes vary by brand.
**Perfect Supplements’ organic MCT oil isn’t like any other and is actually the entire reason I decided to give MCT oil a try. It’s made from coconuts, whereas most other organic MCT oil is made from palm or vegetable oil.
***Stevia provides natural sweetness without spiking blood sugar levels.
- Heat your water, removing it right before it starts to boil. (The perfect temperature for matcha is 175ºF so if you use an electronic kettle that allows you set the temperature, set it to that!)
- Add the matcha to your mug, and slowly pour the water on top.
- Whisk using a small whisk or latte frother. (If you intend to start making matcha a lot, I highly suggest picking up this little gadget! It’s KEY for preventing clumping — and who wants to drink clumpy tea!? No one.)
- Add the coconut cream, collagen peptides, MCT oil, and liquid stevia.
- Whisk again.