DIY All-Natural Mojito Body Scrub
Body DIY DIY Skincare & Beauty Natural DIY
May 2, 2015
At long last… it feels like summer is just around the bend!
The days are getting longer, the trees are budding, and I’ve even been shaving my legs fairly regularly. (Oops, maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned that last bit.)
To distract myself and help move the waiting game on a little more quickly (if you live in the North East, you’ll understand my impatience) I’ve been in full-on summer-prep-mode. This is mostly taking the form of excessive online shopping and obsessive summer vacation planning. But to top it off…
This DIY all-natural mojito body scrub has me in a summer state of mind.
Mint + lime + sugar = one winning, refreshing, summery combo.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup carrier oil of choice (I prefer jojoba or apricot kernel)
- 10 drops lime essential oil
- 8 drops peppermint essential oil
- Some grated, dried lime peel (totally optional and mostly just for the color effect if giving as a gift)
- Jar/container (I love these stout, wide-mouth mason jars for body scrubs)
Stir all of the ingredients together and voilà! You have yourself an all-natural mojito body scrub to get you summer-ready. Last but not least, as always, pat yourself on the back while saying “I’m so clever.”
Waa looks so refreshing. How long will it last? Can it still be used in one month time?
Awesome – enjoy! 🙂
This recipe sounds amazing! I work with oils a lot so I will be trying this soon!
Love this recipe! Sounds refreshing!