Want to know a super-crunchy secret? I bring my own hand soap to work.

I’m telling you this because I figure if there’s anyone out there who won’t judge me, it’ll be someone looking for a DIY all-natural hand soap recipe πŸ™‚

Sup, sister?

sistersister

Now, it’s not just about triclosan and body burden. I mean, yes, it’s 95% about those things. But the other 5% is all about vanity β€” harsh antibacterial soaps really dry my hands out! I like to look down at my hands and not momentarily panic that I’ve somehow Freaky-Fridayed with a 95-year-old, thank you very much.

I’m sure you agree that hand soap must be moisturizing.

If you’ve hung around these parts for awhile now, maybe you’ve happened by my DIY antibacterial & moisturizing all-natural foaming hand soap recipe. It’s a good one.

But not everyone is into the foaming action. Or maybe you have a lovely liquid hand soap dispenser that goes super well with your bathroom. So I figured it was time for another option. Because good interior design is not to be messed with.

This DIY all-natural moisturizing hand soap is sooooo rich and creamy.

Now for awhile, I was simply mixing castile soap with water and putting it in my regular soap dispenser. But it’s way too watery. This recipe has a nice thick consistency and seems more like a “normal” hand soap. Plus unlike my foaming DIY hand soap, the ingredients in this recipe will not separate.

Ingredients:

  • Β½Β cup water (filtered or previously boiled and now cooled to room temperature)
  • ΒΌ cup castile soap
  • 2 tbs carrier oil of choice (I like almond oil as a body moisturizer, so that’s what I used and suggest)
  • 1 LEVEL teaspoon guar gum (if you add too much, your soap will be too thick)
  • 15 drops essential oil of choice

NOTE: I like to make and suggest making smallish batches like this in case there is any bacteria growth. Yes, the essential oils will help preserve the soap, but better to be safe than sorry!

Directions:

Measure your carrier oil and put it in a small bowl. Stir in the guar gum until it is an even consistency. This is an important step: guar gum mixes really well with oil, but not so much with water or castile soap. So if you simply mix everything together at once, you’ll end up with a chunky mess. I warned ya!

Mix the water, castile soap, and essential oils together. Add in the carrier oil with the guar gum and continue stirring. After a minute or so, you should notice the mixture thicken considerably into a gel. Congrats! You now have a DIY all-natural rich & creamy moisturizing hand soap β€” pat yourself on the back while saying “I’m so clever.”

diy all-natural moisturizing hand soap

Share92
Tweet
Pin1.8K
+1