The holidays are just around the corner!
Aside from all of the festivities, one of the things that always excites me the most is finding that perfect gift for all of my loved ones — something I know they’ll actually appreciate and not just toss in the closet.
But it’s also super important to me that I spend money on products I believe in — products that better our lives or world in some way.
Luckily, it’s totally possible to give thoughtful gifts to everyone on your list AND spend money on products that are in line with your personal values! Here are my favorites for this year…
2016 Healthy Holidays Gift Guide
For the Ladies
We know that on the average day, the average woman wears 515 chemicals. That’s far too many! So help the ladies on your list detox their beauty routines with some fun, non-toxic products!
- 100% Pure 4 Piece Coconut Bath and Body Gift Set
- Beatycounter’s Naughty to Nice Gift Set — hands-down the best 2 products from this awesome company
- Juice Beauty’s Green Apple Peel — an absolutely amazing product, perfect for skincare junkies
- 100% Pure’s Pretty Naked Eye Palette — everyone loves some pretty, new shades to play with
Men like a little pampering, too! But like women’s products, most men’s products are filled with unhealthy chemicals.
- The Gentleman’s Beard All-Natural Beard Oil — keeps the beard thick and strong
- John Masters Organics 2-in-1 Moisturizer & Aftershave
I’m SO excited about this one! Like, seriously nerding out big time over it… I got one of these for myself as well as a couple of my most health-conscious friends who I know are also sure to love it.
- Aquasana glass water bottle with filter — for purified water on the go! It removes over 99% of bacteria, lead, and chlorine
For the Workaholics
Sitting for long periods of time at your desk is not healthy, regardless of whether you get your sweat on at the gym for an hour each day or not!
- Gaiam Balance Ball Chair from Gaiam — developed as an effective tool for strengthening core muscles and improving spinal alignment. Plus, the ball can be removed and used for exercises on or off the chair!
A good cookbook is ALWAYS appreciated!
For the Baby
- Sophie the Giraffe — this cult classic made of 100% natural rubber (phthalate-free) and food paint, making it a super-safe teether
- Beautycounter Baby Bundle Collection — parents will be happy knowing they’re not exposing their babies to any harsh chemicals
For the Little Ones
Many plastic kids’ toys are made from PVC which contains endocrine-disrupting phthalates, which have been linked to reproductive problems and birth defects (yikes). These safer options are just as fun!
- Green Toys are made without harmful plasticizers in the US
- Melissa & Doug’s puzzles —are a particularly great option to keep young minds active
For the Coffee-Lovers
Always a great stocking stuffer or gift for coworkers!
- Oganic coffee — simple and practical
Candles. You can never go wrong with candles. Well, non-toxic candles, that is.
- Bluecorn Naturals 100% pure beeswax holiday candles lovely and oh so festive without any unhealthy chemicals