This Spiced Superfood Confetti Chocolate Bark is delicious enough to bring to a party but healthy enough to enjoy regularly at home! It’s also incredibly quick and easy to make.
Can you satisfy your sweet tooth and get your antioxidants too?
First of all: dark chocolate absolutely IS an antioxidant-packed superfood!
Then add some spices, nuts, seeds, and a bit of dried fruit, and you practically have yourself a smoothie.
… OK so maybe I’m exaggerating here a bit…
I mean I certainly wouldn’t recommend you eat this superfood chocolate bark for breakfast.
But a small piece with your tea after a blood-sugar-balancing breakfast? Why not!?
It’s most definitely a healthier treat option for the holidays and beyond!
Having a few go-to healthier treats like this superfood chocolate bark is one of my keys for maintaining balance during the holidays.
You can be part of the festive fun and maintain a healthy balance by making and /or choosing treats made with less sugar and better ingredients, and enjoying them in moderation and in balance with your healthy meals.
And while I do most definitely indulge in some not-so-healthy favorites at parties and holiday dinners, healthier treats like this chocolate bark are the go-to at home.
But don’t get me wrong: just because this chocolate bark is a healthier treat option doesn’t mean it’s lacking in flavor or that you’ll be left feeling unsatisfied!
It’s got a little bit of everything: it’s sweet, salty, crunchy, and chewy.
Give it a try and I have a feeling it’s going to become a holiday staple in your house, too!
Spiced Superfood Confetti Chocolate Bark
- 3 3 oz dark chocolate bars*
- 1/2 tbs maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbs goji berries (optional but adds a nice pop of color!)
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp shredded coconut
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
*I use Theo 80% cacao dark chocolate but any dark, organic, dairy- and soy-free chocolate will do!
You’ll also need parchment paper and a 9×13 baking dish / pan
- Line a 9×13 baking dish / pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate either on the stovetop using a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Stir the maple syrup and cinnamon into the melted dark chocolate and stir to combine.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the lined baking pan.
- Sprinkle the toppings onto the melted chocolate.
- Set the pan in the refrigerator to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove the parchment paper and chocolate bark from the pan.
- Break apart or cut using a sharp knife.
Looking for more healthy holiday dessert options?